Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 16 - January 16

I'm cheating today. I'm going to post two pictures. I can't help it.

Today, Michaela is 18 months old. I don't know how that happened. It seems like she was born yesterday, but all of a sudden I have this toddler who runs me ragged all day and who amazes me with how stinkin' smart she is! Seriously, with as much as she's talking and signing and understanding, she's going to be smarter than me by the time she's five. We're screwed.

To the two pictures...

The first one is a perfect capture of her personality and turdiness. (Yes, turdiness is a word... she is a turd sometimes.) Lately, I can't take a picture of her because she either looks away, says "CHEESE!" in such a goofy way that the picture is terrible, or she runs at me saying, "I see! I see!" before I even get the chance to take the picture! So this first picture captures that moment of her pointing at the camera and trying to get to it before I can take a picture - the picture/portrait I wanted to take to mark the fact that she's 18 months old today.


The second picture is to show that she really can be a cute, sweet girl who sits kind of still for a picture... as long as someone's with her. Plus, I promised myself I would get in front of the camera more often this year (and in the future), especially WITH Michaela, so she has those pictures of the two of us to (hopefully) cherish as she gets older.


I'm a cheater - two pictures in one day - but I think it's worth it. Happy Half-Birthday to my Sweet Girl! I can't believe you're 18 months old already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment