Monday, April 29, 2013

Day 117 - April 27

Happy Birthday to me!!!

So I mentioned my trip to the hotel/spa yesterday. I have to back track and give a little more information about that because it's just funny.

About a month ago, an email from Marriott showed up in my inbox with a reservation confirmation for The Grand Hotel in Pt. Clear. I had just hinted to Jason shortly before that about the fact that we usually go away for my birthday (and we had a free night on our Marriott account), so it didn't surprise me too much to see that show up. I said something to Jason about it and he just said, "That wasn't supposed to go to you!"

Time passes and my birthday week arrives. All of a sudden, I start to think about this night away and how silly it is to take the girls about an hour away for less than 24 hours, just to be at a hotel instead of at home. Jason had also hinted he was going to send me away to the spa while we were there, so then I worried about him taking both girls to the pool and what that would be like with Michaela wanting to swim a ton and Jason having to hold/carry Cate.

So Monday night, I started to talk to Jason about possibly canceling the weekend, or maybe getting to go alone, or something. On Tuesday, I texted him and asked when our free night expired, with the thought in mind of maybe canceling the reservation and using it for Mother's Day instead (I totally like being alone on Mother's Day, but not on my birthday; my thought was to go alone on Mother's Day). He texted back and said we couldn't cancel (too late) and to trust him. Then he said to "believe in me."

Fast-foward a couple days and Christina lands on my door step and the whole plan unfolds.... the hotel reservation is for me and Christina (thus the two double bed reservation), there are spa appointments, Jason and Brad are going to ride herd on the kids overnight, and I didn't need to worry about anything at all. Though Jason was probably happy that I mentioned going alone so he knew I was open to the idea of leaving Cate for the first time!

Ok, all that to share two pictures from the overnight. The view from our room was beautiful at sunset. We got back to the room just in time to see it after relaxing in the spa and each having facials. After getting put back together, Christina and I headed out to dinner at a little place called the Wash House (delicious food!!!) and then grabbed the bottle of champagne I'd brought from home and sat on the beach and talked for a couple hours while we drank the champagne.

As birthdays go, it was pretty spectacular.

So we have the view from our room and the champagne bottle and "glasses" the next morning, complete with the sand on the bottle (sorry, cleaning lady, for leaving that sand on the carpet...).




No comments:

Post a Comment