Friday, April 26, 2013

Day 116 - April 26

So I've been a little quiet about my birthday this year. But it's my birthday week right now. Tomorrow is my actual birthday.

But I don't even care about the rest of my birthday week now because I got the best present ever tonight.

Jason was running late this afternoon so I sent him a text and asked if he was coming home any time soon. I got an answer that he was just trying to finish up some paperwork and would be heading out soon.

I heard him pull up a while later, and didn't really think about the fact that he didn't text me to tell me he was on the way since we had just texted a while before. So I was on the floor changing a diaper when he walked in. Michaela yelled "Daddy!" and then said something like, "Who else is here?"

I turned around to see one of my very dearest friends, Christina, standing inside my front door. The same one who lives most of the time in Alaska (and some of the time in Virginia). The same one I haven't seen in two years. Yeah. That friend.

And tomorrow we'll leave the boys (Brad, Christina's other half, is coming in tonight as well) with the kids and go to a hotel/spa for the night.

This is probably the best birthday ever. And it's not even my birthday yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment