Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Day 333 - November 28

I'm branching out into the world of coconut oil. Pretty much you can use coconut oil for anything you can possibly imagine. It's an extremely healthy oil and is all the rage in the "crunchy" world.

We were at Walmart tonight and I remembered a friend had told me they had organic refined coconut oil, so I went and grabbed a jar and then promptly asked some friends in a crunchy-ish Facebook group what to do with it. Apparently, since it's the refined kind, it's best to use in cooking/baking/food. It has no coconut flavor/scent to it at all, so it can be used in place of other oils or even butter. It has a high smoke point so it's good for sautéing and frying even. I'm planning to pick up some virgin coconut oil as well, which can be used for all those uses in that link up there - hair conditioner, diaper cream, lotion, zit cream, face scrub, to treat some ailments and sicknesses, and a whole lot more.

Tonight, I used it to pop my popcorn. It was amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment