Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day 334 - November 30

Today's picture is actually a series of three pictures. I needed all three to tell the story.

While I was pushing Michaela on the merry-go-round today, an acorn fell from a tree, bounced on the merry-go-round, and then rolled off as she was spinning. She thought this was hilarious.

So, I introduced her to the fun of centrifugal force, lining acorns up on the merry-go-round and then spinning it fast enough to make them roll off. Every once in a while, she jumped hard to bounce them if they got stuck, too.

It was apparently not that much for her to stay on the merry-go-round and watch me do all the work, though, since she made me stop pushing her and took over the duties.

The three pictures show what she did for about 15 minutes... diligently finding "perfect" acorns, placing them on the merry-go-round, pushing it, and then watching for the moment they fell; only to stop and do it all over again! Who knew some acorns and a merry-go-round could be so fun!

(Meanwhile, I love late afternoon light!)


No comments:

Post a Comment