Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 319 - November 15

I have two pictures for today. They are completely and utterly unrelated. But I couldn't choose between the two of them because they both show highlights from my day. Plus, I took the first one first thing this morning, planning to use it, and then the kid was too adorable this afternoon to not take/use another one.

So first up is the bag of my DELICIOUS pumpkin spice coffee. I haven't had caffeine (with the exception of chocolate - I'm no hero) since shortly before I found out I was pregnant with Michaela. I chose to give it up completely while pregnant, rather than have it in moderation as is completely ok, because I'm only 5 feet tall. Caffeine is thought to stunt growth so I figured why add another risk factor in growing a really short child. I don't generally miss caffeinated beverages except when the pumpkin spice stuff shows up at this time of year. And particularly, the pumpkin spice Dunkin' Donuts coffee sitting in our cabinet right now.

But yesterday, I went to Fresh Market (the grocery store I avoid like the plague because it's WONDERFUL and ridiculously expensive) to check on turkey price and found DECAF pumpkin spice coffee. They even had some brewed for a sample. And it's DELICIOUS. And I got to brew up a pot for myself this morning. And it made me happy.

The second picture is of the kid, of course. She has a favorite past time of using her metal play kitchen utensils to beat on a metal Christmas pail drum. And she likes to get a reaction (like a camera in her face) when she plays her drum. She concentrates so hard and plays it so LOUD that you can't help but laugh. And, thankfully, courtesy of no longer drinking caffeine (or eating artificial sweeteners), I also don't get bad headaches anymore.... so the drumming doesn't generally make me want to jump out a window!

(Look at that... I related the coffee and kid pictures via the lack of caffeine. I'm good.)


No comments:

Post a Comment