Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 316 - November 12

Today we headed into downtown Mobile to meet up with some friends who are in town from Kodiak. We also hit up the tail end of the Saturday morning market in Cathedral Square and I took the chance to get some non-people shots with my camera.

As I looked at my measly handful of pictures to find one to post tonight, I realized I seem to have replaced my landscape photography with portraiture. I used to hate taking pictures of people, preferring to frame a landscape perfectly and not worry about whether the people in a picture would like it or not. But I don't have an endless supply of landscapes (or other inanimate objects) to take pictures of anymore so I'm forced to practice on people and I think my skills are a little out of whack!

Time to get out there and find some things to take pictures of to re-hone those skills, I think!

Meanwhile, here's a church at Cathedral Square... I have no idea if it's *the* cathedral for which the square is named, but it was pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment