Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 365 - December 31

Wow. It's here. Day 365. The last day.

I honestly can not believe that I managed to keep up with this, and that, for the most part, I took a picture every single day this year. And, with the exception of when we were on vacation or traveling, I posted a picture every day as well. I don't know how I expected to do when I started this a year ago, but it wasn't this well.

I've really enjoyed this project. And so I'm contemplating just keeping it going. I don't know if you can call it a 365 Project again if you just do it all over again, but I think I've mentioned that I've been way better about keeping up with this than I've ever been with our family blog, so it has some merit as a way to chronicle our life and keep in touch with family.

My only hesitation is that I don't know if I can do it again. I'm especially worried that, come the end of July, when Yellow (did I mention that's what we're calling Baby #2? Michaela was Green in the womb, so this one is Yellow) makes his or her appearance, I don't know if I'll be able to stay on top of it. I don't want to call it "Becca's 365" again if I can't commit to a full 365 days (oh, wait, it's 366 in 2012!!).

So, maybe I'll start and see how it goes. And if I feel like I can't keep up, I'll move the operation over to The FlyingFish blog, and just do it as often as I can manage. (Look at me, giving myself an out... what a way to set myself up for failure!)

But I'm getting ahead of myself. I should probably finish with picture 365 before I start thinking about starting over again at 1.

I thought it was fitting to end the year with a family portrait. How nice that Jason decided to put that shirt on Michaela today, of all the bazillions in her drawer. It gave me my inspiration!

(And if ever there was a picture that made me wish I already knew how to use that fancy-schmancy Photoshop software that showed up yesterday, this is it! UGH! I did my best with my Aperture edits, but it needed serious help - and taking it again was not an option courtesy of a kid who didn't even want to take it in the first place!!)

So thanks to everyone who took the time to check in with me every day this year! I loved all your comments, whether they were here or on the FB link I posted every night. So, what do you think? Do I keep going? Or call it good?

1 comment:

  1. I love the final picture! So cute! I love your every day posts, but only if it's not stressful to do it. :) Some days I have time to post every day, and sometimes I do a weekly wrap up. You inspire me to try to grab a picture every day or so - and I don't even have a fancy camera!

    ReplyDelete