Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 341 - December 7

Yesterday's picture is late because I spent 3 hours in the kitchen last night baking cookies for a cookie swap and putting together a breakfast casserole, both for MOPS today.

Then the kid woke up vomiting at 4:40 this morning so we didn't go to MOPS. But, a fellow mom came by and got the casserole and my cookies to bring for me, and then brought me back my empty pan - and my cookies! SCORE!

Anywho. It was a busy day yesterday. So the tree was my subject again.

I love this ornament. We got it at a craft fair, I think, in Kodiak. It's a piece of the Russian Orthodox tradition, one of the many different cultural groups represented in Kodiak. I love that we have things like this, nesting dolls (from the Russian influence), a Kuspik for Michaela when she's older (from the Alutiiq tradition), and then lots of fish/marine life reminders of our time there. Kodiak has so many different identities.

But I'm rambling... here's the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment