Thursday, December 29, 2011

Day 363 - December 29

Living in the south has had the effect of making it very difficult for me to get into the holiday spirit the last two years. It's just not quite right to get a Christmas tree in short sleeves, or to see rain instead of snow.

That said, there are two things that make me very happy to live in the south this time of year, even if I feel scroogey.

The first is all the Facebook posts from friends still living in Alaska (or other cold climates), talking about exactly how cold it's been on any given day (single digits in Kodiak this week... brrrr!!!!).

The second is that there are flowers. Right now, in my yard, there are flowers blooming. So it might not feel holiday-y and Christmas-y, but it's pretty!!

So I had to get a quick picture of one of our camellia blooms. We also have azalea flowers as of this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment