Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 346 - December 12

The fun has begun!!

And by fun, I mean not-really-so-much fun.... the holiday baking.

I am not a baker. I can count on one hand the number of times per year that I bake something from scratch.

Except for at Christmas time. I bake a lot at Christmas time. Usually I make about 6 or 7 different kinds of cookies. And with the exception of my favorite Pillsbury sugar cookies, they're all from scratch.

It's not that I don't like baking, it's just that I don't like baking. But thanks to my mom, I felt this compulsion to make cookies to give away at Christmas like she's always done. And even though I'm not a fan of the process of making the cookies, nothing makes me happier than putting together a plate or a container to give to a friend. So in the end, it's totally worth it.

So tonight I got the first kind of cookies done... 7 dozen Peanut Butter Blossoms, topped with Reese's Peanut Butter cups. Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment