Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 169 - June 18

I am a cook. What I mean by that is that I enjoy cooking. I like to try out new recipes and old favorites. I like to tweak things a little here and there to make them mine. I get a certain level of satisfaction out of planning meals for the week and getting home-cooked, delicious (if I do say so myself) food on the table almost every night for dinner.

I am not a baker. What I mean by that is that baking is entirely too constricting for me. I can follow a recipe for pretty much any kind of baked good, but I don't get the science behind baking so I can't tweak things to try to make them better, or different. So, with the exception of dozens of cookies to give as gifts at Christmastime, I probably bake from scratch about five other times a year, give or take.

And, yet, tonight, I decided to bake. I'm blaming my friend, Shelly, who posted pictures of her little girl helping her make these cookies last night on facebook. I thought about them all day so I picked up the ingredients I needed tonight and actually baked. Crazy.

These are my white chocolate cherry chunkies!



No comments:

Post a Comment