Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 155 - June 4

ALASKA!!!

It was weird.... when I got to the airport in Anchorage, even with all the changes since the last time we were there (a Humpy's in the airport????), it felt like going home. It didn't hurt to see my dear friend Christina (and Brad and Tok), the reason for my visit, and one of the "things" I've missed the most about being in Alaska.

After a night of catching up, Moose's Tooth pizza and beer, and a comfy Sheraton bed (and then breakfast on Saturday morning), Christina and I hit the road for our big adventure weekend.

The first stop was the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, where I took lots of picture of caribou, bear, and a baby musk ox. From there we headed to Whittier, where we took the fast ferry over to Valdez and then headed up toward McCarthy.

Just outside of Valdez, Christina and I both realized at almost the same moment that the lupine was blooming!! That required a fast u-turn so we could get out of the car and take some pictures, soaking up the view and the lupine. I SO miss the lupine!


No comments:

Post a Comment