Friday, August 31, 2012

Day 244 - August 31

Today, without shame, I resulted to full-on bribery to have a pleasant shopping experience with both children.

I needed to get to Babies R Us to pick up a few essentials for the new kid, but I had to take both her and the old kid (ha!) with me. Michaela was less than cooperative before we even left the house, so I told her if she could behave, we'd stop at Gigi's Cupcakes on the way home and pick up a treat.

She was an angel at the store (for the most part). And when she wasn't an angel, all it took was a gentle reminder of the cupcakes. It worked like a charm, but I'm going to have to come up with cheaper bribery options. Gigi's cupcakes are good, but they're PRICEY!!!

The fun part of Gigi's, though, was the reaction from Michaela when we first walked in and she saw pink princess cupcakes. How she knew they were princess cupcakes without being able to read (literally, it was called a Miss Princess), I have no idea, but she HAD to have one. That was the least amount of decision-making we've had in a cupcake shop in ages.

We brought the cupcakes home and they waited until after nap time.... as SOON as I opened her door after nap, her first question was "Can I have my cupcake now?" I can't fault her. Who doesn't love a cupcake??

By the way, in her blue dress, Michaela was Cinderella today, so it was only fitting to have a Princess cupcake.


No comments:

Post a Comment