Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 235 - August 22

Yesterday (the 22nd) was one of my most favorite days of the year - opening day of the Wee Exchange!!

I LOVE bargain-hunting at the huge consignment sale, and trying to find the best stuff I can for the cheapest prices! I think I did pretty well this season (they do one this time of year for fall/winter and one in the spring for spring/summer). I spent $167, including tax, and got:

For Michaela:
6 dresses, 3 of them super fancy Gymboree ones in nearly new condition (the ones hanging in the picture)
7 long sleeve shirts (one with tags still on it for only $2)
1 short sleeve hoodie
1 long sleeve hoodie (for $1!!)
1 short sleeve sweater
1 pair of jeans
3 pairs of shoes

For Cate:
1 fancy dress that looks like it was never worn
2 sleepers
1 Le Top outfit (so cute!)
1 shirt (Gymboree and looks brand-new!)
1 sleep sack
1 one with attached tutu - Michaela said it's her Kiki (from Fresh Beat Band) dress
2 pairs of Robeez, neither of which looks like it was ever worn

This wasn't as good a haul as I've had in the past, but I'm pretty happy with it anyway. And Cate didn't get short-changed... I just figured if she's going to wear used stuff, she might as well just wear Michaela's.

Yay for cheap, gently-used stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment