Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day 237 - August 24

Michaela has a new obsession with the Disney Junior show Doc McStuffins. It's about a little girl who fixes up all her toys when they're broken.

To feed this obsession, I nicely pointed out the awesome Fisher Price doctor kit when we were toy shopping with Michaela's birthday money a couple weeks ago. I had one as a kid (though it used to come in a plastic briefcase kind of box and now comes in a green cloth bag) and just couldn't help but steer her in that direction when I saw it!

In the beginning, she wanted to do check ups on any person that came into the house. Now she seems content to give check ups to all her toys and dolls. Yesterday it was Seahorse's turn. As she listened to his "heart," she turned to me and said, "I'm going to listen to his heart now with this thing called a stethoscope." All that just a few days after her 3-yr-old well-child visit where the doctor asked if she was speaking in 3-5 word sentences. Um, yeah.

The best part of her check-ups, though, is that she HAS to sing the song from Doc McStuffins. So we hear, "I'm gonna check your ears, check your eyes, find how how much you've grown! Time for your check-up, time for your check-up!" Cracks me up every time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment