Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day 246 - September 3

Today was a nice day.... for a duck. (As my good friend, Rich, would say.)

Tropical Storm Lee has been sitting on top of us all day, with alternating drizzle and super heavy bands of rain. I think we've had a total of ten minutes throughout the day without rain. At one point, it looked like it was getting a little brighter out, and then the skies opened up again.

Jason has drained the pool twice, and estimated he pumped out about 2500 gallons of water total. Ironically, we had to top the pool off about three days ago - something we do regularly - because it was getting low again. Too bad we couldn't save those 2500 gallons for the next time evaporation has taken its toll.

Unfortunately, I'm not skilled enough to get good pictures of the rain (nor did I want to stand outside any longer than I had to since I was getting wet even under the covered part of our patio), but I tried. Again, I have two pictures tonight... one of the "pond" that formed in our backyard, and the other to give a little bit of an idea of what the view was in our backyard. Both were taken at about 1pm this afternoon... when it would normally be bright and sunny. It was not.

We're expecting 10-15 inches of rain total by the time this thing finally decides to move on. We're up around 7 inches already in the last couple days, so we'll see how it goes for the next couple. Thankfully, we're about 200 feet above sea level, so flooding shouldn't be an issue for us, and the wind is no worse than a "breezy" day in Kodiak!


No comments:

Post a Comment