Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 76 - March 17


It's only fitting that I took a picture of food today. I look forward to corned beef and cabbage all year. Sure, I could make it more often, but it's just different on St. Patrick's Day.

Corned beef, cooked in the crock pot in a home-brewed pale ale all day; potatoes (and carrots... see that one little one that was my "no, thank you" helping?) added in the last couple hours for maximum flavor; and cabbage steamed separately and covered in butter and salt! Oh, and for good measure, I added a Magner's... Irish cider. At least something was authentic since corned beef really isn't.

But it was yummy!


1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy. And I love that you still take a "no thank you" serving. I'm making myself do that now since it is required of the kids.

    ReplyDelete