Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 61 - March 2

Wanna know what happens when you're roughly 19 months old and you decide that you want to "be bug" for a day? Your mother interrupts your afternoon snack by following you around with a camera to try to get the perfect shot of your awesome ensemble.

Sadly, very few of the 20-ish pictures I took turned out usable at all since it was overcast outside today and I just couldn't get the shutterspeed up enough to keep up with a wiggly toddler. But she paused just long enough for me to snap this one when she was trying to figure out how to get on her rocking chair while holding a banana (see it sitting on the seat) and a cup at the same time.

This outfit went on as soon as she got up this morning and only came off for our morning outing (thankfully) and naptime. It went right back on after her nap and stayed on through a walk with the dog. She must've gotten warm because we went back to regular clothes after the walk.

2 comments:

  1. Bump up your ISO! I'm often way up at 6400 (the advantage of having an awesome camera... which you have!!) or even higher! I keep my shutter speed around 250-320 to catch B. Also, keep your aperture wide open. I leave my 50mm on so I can have a 1.8-2 f-stop. *I'm sure you already know all this. Sorry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good points, Amy! I'm limping along with my crappy kit lens right now until I can get the 50mm I want. So, sadly, I can't open up the aperture like I'd like! But I didn't even realize until I just looked that my ISO was all the way down at 400! With a wide open aperture, the 400 would've worked great, but 5.6, that won't cut it! I have to get a good noise reducer, too, though... otherwise bumping it up that much is really noisy. *sigh* Need more money!!!

    ReplyDelete