Saturday, May 25, 2013

Day 145 - May 25

At about 8:30 this morning, I was checking facebook and saw that the place we picked strawberries a few weeks back still had some berries for picking. Since I've been spending a small fortune on strawberries at the grocery store, I figured it'd be worth the $8 for the gallon bucket. Little did I know that it was going to take a LOT more work to pick them this time around!

Michaela got bored early and it wasn't enough for me to just carry Cate around and watch again like I did the last time. So I moved Cate from my front to my back, and we got to work.

I have to say, picking strawberries with a baby on my back made me feel a little like a super crunchy earth mama or something.

It also hurt my hips and my back. Go figure.

Cate enjoyed it, though, and we stopped at only one bucket of berries instead of two. Jason couldn't pick fast enough and this was not the most comfortable thing for me. With an 18+ pound kid on your back, berry picking is more than gathering food... it's a work out.


No comments:

Post a Comment