Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 133 - May 13

Cate is nearly 10 months old. In that 10 months, I've managed to get myself back into my pre-pregnancy clothes, but they don't fit like they used to exactly and I'm definitely not as fit as I was.

I did some walking with friends for a few weeks months ago, and then life caught up with me and I stopped doing that. I'd love to get back to Zumba or hip hop fitness classes, but I'm afraid I'd kill myself if I showed up to one right now.

So while Jason did bath night with Michaela tonight, I grabbed Fred, my phone (complete with the SiriusXM app), and my earbuds, and headed out for a brisk walk. We've been trying to walk as a family, but walking while either letting Michaela walk (instead of riding in the stroller) or pushing both girls in the stroller is definitely a little slower than anything that will increase your fitness level!

With my trusty sneakers on my feet and Fred panting at my side, I covered just under 2 miles in about 35 minutes, including stops for Fred to take care of business and time to meet a greyhound named Stitch. Not too bad!

Hopefully these shoes will get a little more use in the days to come. Time to get rid of the post-partum belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment