Monday, May 20, 2013

Day 140 - May 20

To the untrained eye, this just looks like a keg in a bathtub. Which is not necessarily an all together bad thing. But, to the trained eye (and nose as I smelled the wonderful smell fill the air as Jason kegged this one tonight), it is a fresh keg of blackberry wheat beer.

Why is that important enough to take a picture? Well, for two reasons.

1) Homebrewing finally became legal in the state of Alabama over the past couple weeks. Alabama was the last hold out on legalizing it. Why? I don't know. Of course, this may or may not have actually been brewed when it was illegal... but it was definitely kegged while legal. And....

2) Blackberry wheat always being on tap was the caveat to having a kegerator in the first place. It is my very favorite beer that Jason brews, and is officially the house beer. The last batch was not the same as always due to some malt that sort of got cooked in the hot garage, so I didn't even bother drinking any of it. Before that, I was pregnant. I'm really looking forward to the first pint this weekend.

You say keg in a bathtub, I say beer heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment