Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 149 - May 28

What I should've taken a picture of was the new configuration of Michaela's room. I thought about it about 4 minutes after I put her to bed. There was no going back at that point!

What new configuration? We spent the morning rearranging her furniture and reorganizing her toys and what-not in order to make room for her coming "big girl bed!" She's still sleeping in her crib (haven't even converted it to a toddler bed) since she's never tried to climb out, but she REALLY enjoyed sleeping in her toddler-sized air mattress while we were in Orlando, so we've decided to move her a little sooner than we'd planned. (Everyone cross your fingers that this doesn't backfire on me!!!)

Plus, I'm starting to get those nesting urges and without all kinds of little tiny clothes to wash and organize, I decided I wanted to at least get the room situated in advance of Yellow's arrival, even though Yellow won't sleep in it for a while. But I suppose I at least need the space to put Yellow's stuff.

After much agonizing over what kind of bed to get her (and how much to spend), I finally ordered the bed yesterday (after two very full days of exhaustive internet searching and furniture store shopping). It's supposed to be here on Thursday, so it was time to reorganize her room.

The first thing we did was move her dresser into the closet, which freed up an entire wall of space. After that, we took everything off the shelf in the closet, which included her tent/tunnel. I'm sure you can see where this is going.... it only took minutes before she asked to set her tent up in the new empty space (WHY did we not put the dresser in the closet sooner?!??!?) so she could play in there. And, of course, that's the only place she wanted to play for the rest of the night.

All that for a pretty bad picture of her playing with a puzzle in her tent, complete with bad iPhone flash. The picture is as bad as it is because I was right next to her... on the floor, in her tent. I don't recommend that as a place to hang out for someone who is less than 9 weeks away from having a baby and old. Just a heads up.


No comments:

Post a Comment