Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 143 - May 22

Today's picture is a fancy picture of a picture. If we hadn't gotten married back in the dark ages before digital cameras, I could've just used an old digital picture instead. But we're that old, so we have to settle for pictures of pictures.

Why did I want this particular picture?

Because it's our anniversary! Jason and I have been married for 13 years now. Some days it feels like we've been together forever (in a good way). Some days it feels like we've only been together since yesterday (and I'm still that 22-yr-old girl just starting out!).

Thirteen years - with just about four of them not really living together (or just straight-up not living together... there was a year there where we shared a house but didn't see it at the same time very much, the rest of the 4 years we just didn't even share a house), 10 different duty stations between the two of us, ten moves, one dog, one and 3/4 kids... and I wouldn't change a thing. Well, that's not true... I would like those four years of not living together back to try to actually really be married and what-not instead. But overall, I wouldn't change it.

I feel very lucky and blessed to be married to my best friend and a man I love more today than I did thirteen years ago. Happy Anniversary to us!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment