Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 67 - March 7

I've already put this picture on Facebook today. It is literally the only picture I took today. Usually when I say I've only taken one picture, I mean that there's only one usable picture. But today, this is literally the only one I've got.

To the story...
Michaela got a little cranky this afternoon, so she decided she wanted to sit in my lap on the couch - her second choice to riding her tricycle, but her only real choice since I was feeling terrible this afternoon. Incidentally, my lap is getting much smaller.

While she was sitting there, I started playing with her hair. Normally, this is not allowed. But lately she's been fascinated by braids. I credit "Jessie" of "Toy Story" fame. So I tried French braiding her hair. There were two problems with this. 1) Her hair was dry, which makes it tough to begin with and 2) her hair was dry, which means her perma-side part wouldn't let me put the hair where I wanted it.

So I resorted to a ponytail that I then braided, but at least she let me do SOMEthing with her hair. So I'll take it. Maybe if I can figure out a zillion ways to put braids in her hair, we'll finally get away from the single barrette on one side!


No comments:

Post a Comment