Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 51 - February 20

As anyone who is my friend on facebook knows, I've complained more than a few times about meal-planning. And, here, back on Day 24, I posted about my menu-planning and meatless Monday (which has completely gone by the way-side. Tomorrow's menu? Hamburgers. Yeah, that's meat, in case you're wondering.).

I hate meal planning. Hate it. However, given the fact that I hate going to the grocery store with a toddler even more, I plan our menu a week in advance and do all my shopping at once so that I can just get it over with. I usually have to go back for a quick trip once during the week to pick up fresh produce or meat, but I get most of it done at one time.

Some weeks, the menu planning is easy. Ideas just come to me, a list is built, and we're done. Other weeks, like this week, it is not as easy.

This was my afternoon - in front of the computer, with my recipe idea spreadsheet (yes, a spreadsheet) open and my favorite recipe magazines open all around me so I can decide what I really want and build my shopping list. You're ALLLLL jealous! (In all fairness, I re-staged this tonight for the picture, but it's accurate minus the beer that Jason was drinking while doing his homework. Maybe I should've had the beer this afternoon to help me get the ideas flowing better!!)


1 comment:

  1. Becca, I do the same. Just wait until one day you have to do shopping with a toddler and another one running around the store playing spy and hiding so you can't see him spying on you. Yep, I do my shopping once a week too.

    Do you use a Mac? Have you looked at the YummySoup App? I highly recommend it, I've been lost without my Mac and YummySoup all week. You can use it to make your list for the week and EASILY import recipes from any website! It doesn't hold nutritional info yet, but in the notes I put things like WW Points, calories/serving etc.... it keeps everything organized and searchable by keyword!

    ReplyDelete