Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 40 - February 9

I'm getting today's picture up EARLY so that I'm sure not to forget.

This is a fun picture for me, but probably boring for everyone else.

I headed over to the "Wee Exchange" in town here today. It's a HUGE consignment sale of kids things that's apparently held twice a year (I'm going to have to keep my eye out for the fall one now!). We just recently enrolled Michaela in a Mother's Day Out program for the summer and fall and she's going to need some play clothes that I don't mind getting a little messy. Although she has a closet full of cute dresses and outfits already for summer, courtesy of the grandmothers, she has very little that I wouldn't mind ruining if it came to it.

What better place to find that kind of stuff than at a sale of gently used things! For just about $100 (plus tax... blah), I managed to get her the cutest khaki jacket, 13 shirts, 3 pairs of shorts, 2 skirts, 6 pairs of capris (one of which still had the tags on it and is an adjustable waist pair!), 1 set of denim overall shorts, 2 pairs of shoes (one of them originally $40!!!!), the most adorable pillowcase dress, and one smocked dress (a staple of every Mobile toddler's wardrobe and WAAAAY out of our price range at full price). On top of the clothes, I also got her a floaty thing for the pool and 10 wooden puzzles (though one of the puzzles was of the name Mackenzie, so we gave it to a friend who has a daughter by that name!). SCORE!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment