Sunday, August 18, 2013

Day 230 - August 18

Cate is 13 months old today. There are no more monthly posts like I did through her first year, but I'll at least keep track of some of her developments so I have a record of them.

She's nearly running already, especially when it's meal time and someone says, "Cate, want to eat?" Then she can't get to the kitchen fast enough.

"Mom mom mom mom mom" is her phrase for "Mama," "I want a smoothie," "I need more food," "I want to be picked up," "Pay attention to me," and pretty much everything else. I was sad that it took forever for Michaela to say mama. I'd like Cate to stop now.

She thinks it's hilarious to tickle my feet.

When she signs, "Milk, please," she does the sign for milk and then rubs MY chest in a circle instead of her own (the sign for please is to rub your open hand in a circle on the top part of your chest). She has her own version of the sign for more and uses it enthusiastically at most meals. The child really likes food.

She's still a peanut. At her 12 month appointment (at 12 months and 2 weeks), she was in the 30th percentile for height and weight. Though I think the height was off a little, so she may be in the 35th percentile. She's still wearing some 6 months onesies, though, and swims in most 12 month stuff.

She's a kleptomaniac. She wanders around the house finding various things that she's not really supposed to have, and moves them to other parts of the house. Laundry is a favorite so clean and dirty clothes both end up in random places around the house instead of in hampers and baskets. She also steals the TV remote and any cell phone in reach whenever she gets the chance. She will almost always immediately bring it to me as soon as I see her with it like she's saying, "Hey! Look what I found for you!"

I feel like I will never get a full night's sleep every again.

On to the picture.... She tried to put Michaela's Bitty Baby carrier on while carrying around a doll today. I helped her out. She's such a little mimic!


No comments:

Post a Comment