Friday, June 28, 2013

Day 179 - June 28

I love popcorn. I would probably eat it every single day if I wasn't too lazy to make it. Because there's no microwave popcorn in this house. Not only is it pretty bad for you (ever done any research on the chemicals in that stuff?), but once you've made it like I do, you'll never want microwave again.

What's so good about it? Well, I found some delicious organic popcorn at a local coffee bar/shop called RedBar (no GMO corn for me, thanks). So we start with that. Next is refined, expeller pressed coconut oil (refined is a must so it doesn't taste like coconut... did you know they use coconut oil at the movie theater?); not too much, but enough that you still get good flavor. And, finally, a Whirly Pop popper.

Put those three things together, and you have magic. Delicious magic.


No comments:

Post a Comment