Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day 174 - June 23

Last Wednesday, while Jason was home during the day, I finally went to the eye doctor for the first time in a couple years. My prescription changed (thanks to the last eye doctor totally over-correcting me), so I had to head out to get some new glasses to go with my new contacts.

Shopping for glasses alone is not that much fun. Thankfully, texting pictures doesn't take long, so I could get both Jason's and my mom's opinions on the frames I picked out.

I had planned to only get one new pair and to just put new lenses in an old pair. But then I couldn't decide between my two finalists, so I got both!

They didn't have enough lens material to make both sets in an hour today, so I just got the pair that I almost didn't buy. I put them on as soon as I got home (had to take out my contacts), and I keep looking at myself because I love them.

I also love that they came in the little blue box... Tiffany. (Though I don't love the price tag - thank goodness I had saved up for two years for glasses since I skipped getting new ones last year. No guilt in spending the extra!)

So these are the first pair of my new spectacles. It's hard to tell, but they're brown on the outside with Tiffany blue on the inside and on the ear pieces. And they have little crystal butterflies. Mostly I just liked the shape, though. I might even wear them a little more often than just right before I go to bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment