Saturday, December 7, 2013

Day 330 - November 26

An amazing thing happened on the 26th (and I'm so far behind that I'm writing this on Dec 7th, ugh!).

Jason and I got to go away for a night with no kids.

Jim and Maryanne got into town at about 11 in the morning, and by 5 at night, we left them alone with the two hellions.

The highlight of the night (besides getting to sleep without being woken up by the littlest Dorval) was a fancy dinner out. The food was amazing, but the best part was that we spent 2.5 hours at dinner, talking and laughing and eating and drinking and just getting to enjoy each other's company without having to tend to the needs of the kids in between bites of food.

And I was that person who took pictures of her food. Except that, by the time dessert came, I'd had too much to drink to remember to take a picture of that!

But my entree was DELISH. Coq au vin with a nice slab of foie gras on top, an amazing sauce, and yummy potatoes and veggies. Mmmmmm.....


No comments:

Post a Comment