Saturday, October 19, 2013

Day 288 - October 15

I can't believe I didn't end up blogging about Sammy back in early September when we had our first visit with him.

Sammy (Silent Sammy) is a stuffed monkey that comes home with the child who is the most behaved/quietest in Michaela's class each day. (I'm pretty sure Sammy comes home in alphabetical-ish order, but he's still good motivation for her teacher, I'm sure.)

Sammy has a journal in which you (the parent, of course) get to write down all the fun Sammy has while he's at your house. I'm thankful that Sammy didn't come home for a long weekend this time because that was 5 days of Sammy fun the last time. At least this time it was just two overnights. Whew.

Tuesday is playgroup day, so we were over by the base and I figured it would be fun to have Sammy talk about going to the base to see Michaela's helicopter pilot daddy and have lunch there. So that's what we did.

(Did I mention that the first over-achieving parent who had Sammy thought it was cute to put pictures in the journal, too? Yeah.)


No comments:

Post a Comment