Sunday, October 13, 2013

Day 286 - October 13

Before dinner tonight, Jason looked out in the back yard and saw Fred just staring at the back fence and we were both wondering what the heck was going on. 

We got our answer after dinner when he was doing it again - only he wasn't just staring at the fence. He was staring at a kitten.

This little girl made her way under the big gate in the fence and into the yard. Fred just stared at her and she hung out and didn't run, so I was able to pick her up. 

She was just a teeny tiny little thing, probably not more than 4 or 5 weeks old. The girls were fascinated by her (Michaela has been asking to get a kitten forEVER), Fred scared her, and I got to cuddle her a little. 

Then, thanks to the power of Facebook, I got in touch with a lady down the road who takes in strays. She has a nursing mama cat in her house right now, and 6 other stray kittens she'd taken in, and she was happy to take this girl on, too. Within minutes of Jason getting her there, she was nursing and being groomed. 

I feel bad that there's a stray mama cat out there somewhere tonight who might be missing one of her babies, but I'm glad this little one won't be trying to fend for herself in the wild. 

If I wasn't allergic (my eyes are a smidge itchy tonight, even with all the hand-washing I did), we might have had a new pet in our house, though. She was cute! And very sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment